by Mr. Spruce
It’s that time of the year again. You’ve got a hall-pass for 30 days to let your upper lip run wild and free as nature intended. Movember really is a great time for aspiring moustache aficionados. So what now? How can you take your ‘tache from Zero to Ron Swanson in only 30 days? Well, perhaps not surprisingly, we have a thing or two to say about that.
1. Mo’s come in all shapes and sizes. To determine what works best for your face, let the whole thing loose for about 8-10 days. By then you should start to see where your dense bits are and where it’s a little more patchy. Work with this info to optimise your mo’ style.
2. Keep a clean, close shave on the rest of your face. Anywhere that’s not official mo’-territory should be kept smooth to better accentuate your budding new face furniture.
3. Consider a goatee. Whilst not strictly a moustache, a goatee can be a much better option for some gents. For those of you with less than stellar growth on the upper lip alone, why not try filling out around the face a little to maximise the impact. It’s still in the spirit of things, so don’t get too caught up on dictionary definitions.
4. Keep it clean. Regardless of what style you’re going for, a little bit of extra care and attention is required for the newly ‘tached. You might be surprised by just how easily crumbs and sauce can get caught up in that bad boy. Avoid becoming attractive to scavenging animals by cleaning regularly.
5. A little bit of mo-wax goes a long long way. As the month wears on you will hopefully find yourself with a decent bit of plumage keeping your upper lip warm. You might be starting to get a ticklish sensation and a fairly unkempt appearance though. Add a little moustache wax in the morning and reapply after eating or drinking to keep yourself looking your dapper best.
6. Wear it with pride. Everyone is different and we all sprout hair at different rates and in differing densities. Regardless of what you've got, be proud of your mo’ and don’t lose sight of the serious side of Movember.
The Movember Foundation is the leading global organisation committed to changing the face of men’s health. They aim to achieve this by challenging men to grow moustaches throughout the month of November every year in order to spark conversation and raise funds for prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health issues.
Since 2003 the Movember community has raised over $580 million and has funded more than 800 programs to date, in 21 countries.
If you haven’t done so yet, we would strongly encourage you to visit the official website to find out more about how you can get involved and support the great work of Movember. It’s a very worthy cause and it affects all of us chaps in some way at some time in our lives.
As always, questions and comments in the box below and please share with your friends if you enjoyed this article.
Worthy & Spruce. Purveyors of dapper grooming and advice for the responsible gent.
If you liked this article, even a teensy-weansy bit, please share it using the buttons below
Mr. Spruce aka Andy. One half of Worthy & Spruce. Blogging about all things gentlemanly, and many things not. Tired but tireless dad, business dude, consumer of coffee, and deliverer of timely quips.
by Mr. Spruce
There are a lot of different types of razors out there, how do you know which is right for you? What should you look for in a razor and what should you definitely look to avoid?
Ah, the age old questions vexing many a bearded gent; Should I use beard oil or beard balm? What's the difference between oil and balm? Do I need both?
Today we look at the differences, weigh the pros and cons, and help you to make the right choice for your beard. Read on to find out more!
There is a veritable cornucopia of beard-related potions, unguents, oils, and elixirs on the market these days all aimed at the, somewhat vague, notion of beard care. Luckily, we're here to sort the good advice from the bad!
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
YAY! POP-UPS!...Said No-one ever.
However, 'Yay! 10% Off!' said pretty much everyone who signed up for our mailing list.
Grab 10% off your first order just by sticking your deets in the boxes below.